We’ve all heard the saying, “It’s not how you start that’s important! It’s how you finish!” Well in singing, that isn’t always the case…let’s talk ‘Onsets and Offsets.’
Every note has a starting point and a finishing point. These two events have a massive impact on your singing style and believe it or not: your vocal health.
The terms we give to these two phonatory points are ‘Onset and Offset.’ Onset refers to the manner in which the sound is started by the laryngeal mechanism and offset denotes the way in which the sound is concluded. But as is often the case with learning to sing…there’s little more to it!
— FREE DOWNLOAD —
Download Dr Dan’s first exercise track for FREE: http://drdan.co/exerciseCD
— DON’T MISS ANOTHER VIDEO: Follow these steps —
* Go to my channel page (http://drdan.co/VoiceEssentials)
* Click on the ‘Settings’ cog (next to the ‘SUBSCRIBE’ button)
* Tick the ‘Send me all notifications for this channel’ box.
— SINGING/PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS —
Would you like some feedback about your singing? Have your vocal performance video reviewed as a part of Dr Dan’s LIVE SHOW right here on YouTube. Email us: email@example.com for more info. Every successful submission receives a FREE digital copy of Dr Dan’s Voice Essentials Singing Exercise CD.
— Watch Dr Dan’s TOP SINGING TIPS —
10 of the Best: http://drdan.co/veTOP10
— TOOLS for SINGERS —
* FREE ‘7 Days to a Better Voice’ – http://drdan.co/7daysbettervoice
* SINGING LESSONS with Dr Dan – http://drdan.co/DrDanSkype
* VOCAL EXERCISES – http://drdan.co/exerciseCD
* ARTICLES about voice & singing – http://drdan.co/DrDanArticles
— LET’S CONNECT —
* YOUTUBE – http://drdan.co/VoiceEssentials
* FACEBOOK – http://drdan.co/DrDanFacebook
* TWITTER – http://drdan.co/DrDanTwitter
* GOOGLE+ – http://drdan.co/DrDanGoogle
* LINKEDIN – http://drdan.co/DrDanLinkedIn
* INSTAGRAM – http://drdan.co/DrDanInstagram
* PERISCOPE – http://drdan.co/DrDanPeriscope | @VoiceEssentials
— Stay UP-TO-DATE with Dr Dan’s FREE Email List —
© 2016 Djarts & Dr Daniel K. Robinson
All Rights Reserved.